Our objectives at Rockland Montessori School are to:
- Encourage learning through exploration and discovery provided through a developmental curriculum that includes language development, reading readiness, math manipulatives, computer skills, music and artistic experiences, science projects, social studies and multi- cultural activities.
- Build self esteem, self confidence, mutual respect, and positive social skills through a program of behavioral goals and positive reinforcement.
- Provide structured time in the program where children can acquire skills in becoming focused and attentive, and can develop listening and organizational skills.
- Provide free choice time, where a child can develop skills in decision making, independence, creativity, and interaction with peers.
- Provide children with an opportunity to develop gross motor skills in outdoor activities with climbing toys, slides, riding toys, and other playground activities.
- Encourage parents to visit the Rockland to observe their child in the program, to interact with the teachers and the director regarding their child’s progress, to provide feedback on, or suggestions for the school’s curriculum.
- Provide a family oriented program to encourage family values, family unity, family support through various family events as the holiday pageant, multi-cultural events, mother’s day pageant, make way for ducklings picnic, and graduation ceremonies, as well as parent education and evening lectures.
- Never in any way discriminate to children or families on the basis of race, religion, sex, cultural heritage, political beliefs, marital status, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.